This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Who we are and how to contact us
Throughout this document, “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” refer the MCD Home & Garden and MCD Garden Sheds Group.
“MCD Group” means:
- MCD Home & Garden Limited incorporated in Ireland with limited liability having its registered office Coldwinters, Old Ashbourne Road, Dublin 11, Ireland and all members of its group.
- MCD Garden sheds Limited incorporated in Ireland with limited liability having its registered office West Curragh, Naul, Co.Dublin, Ireland and all members of its group.
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Coldwinters, Old Ashbourne Road, Dublin 11, Ireland
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows: Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences, occupation, gender and transaction history.
Product Details: We may collect information about your product.
Transaction Data: includes data about your transactions with us such as the purchase of a product.
Interactions Data: information about your interactions with us, including correspondence and phone calls between us and you.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may also anonymise data so that it is no longer personal data. For example we may anonymise the quote we provided for a bespoke garden shed.
Our websites are powered by Prestashop and /or wordpress, and hosted on A2hosting our third party web services provider. A2 hosting is committed to ensuring that data is processed in accordance with applicable data privacy laws, and is kept secure. A2 hosting is certified to the standard of ISO27001 (an international standard for information security). All data processed on our website are stored on A2 hosting web servers in the EEA (Amsterdam).
When someone visits one of our websites, Prestashop/Wordpress collects standard internet log information (your IP address, browser, and type of device) and details of visitor behaviour patterns (where you joined our site from, the path you take through our site and where you leave). These are stored against unique ids (which are strings of numbers). Our websites collects this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, the general geographic location of visitors and engagement levels, which in turn enables it to make improvements to its websites and services, and provide business intelligence. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. It is kept indefinitely.
Our websites also uses Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns, which are stored against unique ids (i.e. strings of numbers). We collect this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring website traffic and engagement levels, which in turn enables us to make improvements to our website and the way we sell our cars and services. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. It is kept indefinitely.
When you submit information using an online form, our websites processes the data collected and stores it for 90 days for the legitimate business purpose of enabling us to access the information and deal with your request (it is then kept for a further 14 days in websites routine back-ups for business continuity purposes).
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where we rely on consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. If you are making an enquiry either through our website, by phone or in our dealerships and you are not a customer, we will not use your personal data for marketing purposes without your consent.
We may use your personal information for the reasons set out below.
Type of data:
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest, to process and provide you with a quotation for any product or service we offer, repair or service of a product, product information, to register you as a new customer, to maintain relationship and communication with you, to monitor and train our staff and to deal with disputes, to manage our day to day business needs, accounting, to deliver relevant website content, measure effectivnes of advertising, to provide you with marketing communication, to comply with all legal requirements:
(a) Identity, (b) Contact Information, (c) Financial
Performance of a contact with you
All of our premises may be monitored by CCTV cameras for security purposes. We have strict retention polices in respect of CCTV footage and process data captured by CCTV in for security purposes in our legitimate interest.
All of our phone calls may be recorded. We will use this information to monitor and train staff and to deal with customer disputes. Recordings of calls are subject to strict retention periods.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Where you have not purchased goods or services from us, we will only send you marketing material where you have consented. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
We don’t share your personal data with third party marketing companies
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of your Information
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third party service provides that perform services and functions on our behalf such as our finance (PayPal, Visa, Mastercard) marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Google)
- Within our Company Group: We are part of a larger company group, the MCD Group, and for administrative efficiencies your information may be stored within one central IT system.
- New Owner: We may also transfer your personal information to companies that buy our company or our business.
- Finance companies, leasing companies, insurance companies and other third party providers: Where you have asked for a quote to include the cost of financing, leasing or any other third party product, we may pass your personal information to that third party in order to obtain a quotation on your behalf.
- Manufacturer of Your Product & Their Distributor: We may pass your personal information on to the manufacturer of the product and/or their appointed distributor in Ireland for the purposes of warranty, service issues and recalls, ordering process and customer satisfaction surveys. The distributor and/or manufacture may aggregate your personal data, such as information relating to gender to understand its customer base. The manufacturer may contact you separately regarding their use of your information
How Long Will You Use My Personal Data For?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Your Legal Rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law in relation to how we use your personal information. You have the right, free of charge, to:
- Check what type of personal data we hold about you and what we do with that information (you are also entitled to receive a copy of this information);
- Have any inaccurate personal data which we hold about you updated or corrected;
- Erase personal information we hold about you;
- Stop us from using your personal information in certain cases, including if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or our use of your information is unlawful.If you exercise this right, we will store your personal information and will not carry out any other processing until the issue is resolved;
- Object to us using your personal information where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your information. We will stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate grounds for the continued processing of this information; and
- Receive certain aspects of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to have that information transferred to you or another data controller.
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details contained in this form.We will endeavour to respond to your request within one month.If we are unable to deal with your request within one month we may extend this period by a further two months and we will explain why.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the office of the Data Protection Commission. Please visit www.dataprotection.ie for more information.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so